Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hand and Eye Coordination - Fine Motor Skills

Happy New Year .....


I mentioned before that this is the first 'real' blog that I am doing .... well- what that means is that I have attempted in the past and it just was really difficult for me to do (I also mentioned that this really is 'stepping outside of my box').


So - I am going to add a few of the pieces that I shared in the past.  These will be articles and suggestions that are definitely pertinent to special needs, preschool and kindergarten level individuals.


First is :



Yarn Balls ….. they can be made with different types of yarn and varying sizes. You will need the yarn (twine can be used as well), a small strip of cardboard (about 2 inches wide) and scissors.

Wrap the yarn around the cardboard – rotating the 'ball' to get it 'round'. When the ball has been completed to the desired size snip the yarn and thread the end into the yarn ball … bring it back through to the top and tie it off with a knot.

Tossing or even rolling the textured ball is a lot of fun for the little ones and will help develop the hand and eye skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment