Sunday, January 1, 2012

Play Dough / Clay Doh - No Cream of Tartar Needed - Great Preschool Recipe

Have you ever ran out of Cream of Tartar? 


Seriously ... the other day I was making some new dough for the kids and absolutely no cream of tartar. So I made several different kinds of 'doh' - all without the cream of tartar (which has always been my favorite type) and realized that the play doughs with oil have a nice consistency. 


After experimenting ..... I discovered (many of you may already realize this ..... and your one ahead of me) that adding a little oil to any of the basic clay doh recipes will make them more malleable and of a decent texture. 


Now our play dough area smells great with peppermint, coffee, pumpkin / cinnamon and some type of candy scent - and yes I did make that many different recipes to experiment with adding a little oil - and they all turned out great. 


One more thing ...... I did have to add a little extra flour to some of the recipes when kneading the dough. Hope you find this helpful .... and have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment